Tools and resources to combat and prevent corruption
National interest investigations concern:
- corruption of federal Canadian public officials
- the integrity of federal institutions
- matters requiring special investigative expertise such as Canadian companies or individuals offering bribes to officials of foreign countries
Such investigations are conducted by the RCMP's Sensitive and International Investigations. This team works cooperatively with other domestic and international law enforcement and government agencies and departments.
Anti-corruption prevention program
We coordinate awareness and prevention efforts with other stakeholders, such as:
- government agencies
- business associations
- industry players
- business schools
Presentations and risk assessment
We offer presentations across Canada on the RCMP's role in investigating corruption and bribery. They provide:
- a comprehensive overview of the amendments in legislation
- indicators to look for
We also developed a risk assessment tool that provides a checklist with the most common red flags related to the Corruption of Foreign Public Official Act.
To request a presentation or a copy of this risk assessment tool, please email NatDivAnticorruptionPrevention@rcmp-grc.gc.ca.
We will consider all presentation requests.
Other tools and resources
- Global Affairs Canada: Bribery and corruption annual reports to Parliament
- Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development: Anti-Corruption Ethics and Compliance Handbook for Business
- United Nations Global Compact: RESIST – Resisting Extortion and Solicitation in International Transactions
- Date modified: