Application process for experienced police officers
Welcome to Depot
We regularly seek experienced police officers from other Canadian police agencies to join the RCMP.
Note: Canadian Forces Military Police who successfully completed the Military Police Training Program (QL3) after January 1, 2001 are eligible to apply as experienced police officers.
In order to apply for a job as an experienced police officer of the RCMP, you must first meet the following basic and essential requirements:
- Have a minimum of two years full-time Canadian police service employment or equivalent [Equivalent is defined as any police service employment (full-time or part-time) that amounts to a total of 2 years' full-time police service employment];
- Have graduated from a police training program at a recognized Canadian police training institution (Canadian Armed Forces Military Police must have successfully completed the basic police training (Qualification Level 3) after January 1, 2001);
- Meet the minimum level for the nine (9) required general duty competencies according to the RCMP Competency Dictionary;
- Must be actively serving or inactive within the last three years; and
- Meet the language profile of the position in which you will occupy.
You must also meet all qualifications and requirements of a Regular Member applicant.
Please contact your provincial recruiting office for more information on the application process and how to apply.
Upon engagement, you will be paid a salary in line with your law enforcement experience and training.
Benefits and pension
You will receive the same competitive benefits and pension as all RCMP police officers. Please note that the RCMP is unable to provide pension estimates related to transfer of pension from your current police service/agency. We recommend you discuss your existing pension options with your current employer.
- Date modified: