Indigenous Pre-Cadet Training Program
Due to COVID-19 restrictions this program has been postponed until 2022. Please check back in the summer for possible updates pending any other impacts from the pandemic.
Indigenous pre-cadet training at the RCMP Training Academy
The program includes a three-week training session at the RCMP Training Academy (Depot) in Regina, Saskatchewan.
- How to work as part of a policing team
- An introduction to the Criminal Code and RCMP policy
- Physical fitness and drill
- Skills to help prepare you to apply to be a police officer
While at Depot, regular members are with the Indigenous cadets 24/7. They provide a full spectrum of support.
We can accommodate any dietary restrictions.
Open to Indigenous Peoples in Canada
To apply you must be:
- of Indigenous descent (First Nation, Métis or Inuit)
- aged 19 to 29
- a Canadian citizen
- a graduate of a Canadian secondary school (or equivalent)
- able to pass an enhanced reliability security check
What graduates have to say about the Indigenous Pre-Cadet Training Program
"Applying to the Aboriginal (Indigenous) Pre-Cadet Training Program is the best choice I've ever made."
"I wasn't sure about a career with the RCMP. The Aboriginal (Indigenous) Pre-Cadet Training Program changed that for me. I loved every drill, fitness, and classroom session at Depot."
"I'm excited to be able to one day become an RCMP officer and inspire more to join to show that we can make a difference in society."
Learn how to apply
If you are interested in this program, let us know. To get more information or to learn how to apply, please contact E_PreCadet_Program@rcmp-grc.gc.ca.
- Date modified: