In the early morning hours of Saturday, September 19, 2020, Whitehorse RCMP received report of an intoxicated driver in the Whitehorse area. Police located the vehicle and driver shortly thereafter in the area of Fish Lake Road.
Florissa Bain, 33, has been arrested and charged with the following under the Criminal Code:
- Two counts of Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle
- Mischief to property over $5000
- Mischief to property under $5000
- Two counts of Failure to stop after accident
- Refusal to comply with roadside breath demand
She has also been charged with the following under the Motor Vehicle Act:
- Careless driving
- Operation of a motor vehicle without a licence
Ms. Bain appeared in court on September 21st, has been released on conditions and will next appear in court on September 30th, 2020.