TNT Certificate for RCMP Applicants in Ontario
TNT Justice Consulting is administering a certificate program on behalf of the RCMP and Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police (OACP). It's an applicant pre-screening tool that will assess your suitability for police work by evaluating your:
- cognitive ability
We're piloting this certificate program in Ontario. To help differentiate this pilot for RCMP applicants in Ontario and the OACP Certificate program, we're calling the certificate the "TNT Certificate".
If you've already completed your vision and hearing assessments using the OACP medical examination package, you may submit them as part of your certification process. If you haven't yet completed your vision and hearing assessments, please use the RCMP vision and hearing forms (form 2180 and form 6509). For the pilot, either the OACP or RCMP vision and hearing forms will be accepted.
For the pilot, you'll need to obtain a TNT Certificate for RCMP Applicants if:
- You're a resident of Ontario
- You applied or are planning on applying to become an RCMP police officer on May 15, 2020 or later
The TNT Certificate for RCMP Applicants costs $250. This cost doesn't include the fees for your vision and hearing assessments.
This pilot program is open to Ontario residents only.
How to get a certificate
Before getting your TNT Certificate for RCMP Applicants in Ontario, please ensure that you:
As of May 15, 2020, all Ontario applicants will need a TNT Certificate for RCMP Applicants.
Follow these steps to get your certificate:
- Visit the TNT Certificate for RCMP Applicants website
- Complete the consent and release of liability form
- Complete the fitness log and the RCMP vision and hearing forms (form 2180 and form 6509)
- Complete the online mental ability and personality assessments (cognitive and personality tests)
- Apply to the RCMP on receipt of your TNT Certificate for RCMP Applicants
If you can't access the online assessments or if you need special accommodations (for example, due to medical conditions), we can help. Contact the TNT support team who are available 24/7, 365 days a year, to answer questions via email and telephone.
If you already have a valid OACP certificate and you're a resident of Ontario, you can use this certificate to apply to become an RCMP police officer.
Benefits of the TNT Certificate for RCMP Applicants
- It takes on average 2 weeks to obtain a TNT Certificate for RCMP Applicants – much shorter than the current average processing time for the RCMP
- Your application will be fast-tracked throughout the RCMP recruiting process
- Some of the in-person assessments will be completed online using a proctored system
- If you already have a valid OACP certificate, you can use this certificate to apply to the RCMP and other municipal police agencies listed on the OACP website
- Your TNT Certificate for RCMP Applicants is valid for 18 months
After you get a certificate
If you're successful in getting a TNT Certificate for RCMP Applicants, you'll need to complete the remaining steps of the RCMP recruiting process. You won't need to write the entrance exam, but you'll need to attend a virtual career presentation.
During the presentation, you'll learn more about a career in policing. You can discuss any questions or concerns with a proactive recruiter.
Ensure you begin completing the required RCMP forms and collecting the required documents.
If you have questions
Contact your local recruiting office with any questions about your application.
- Date modified: