Use of non-RCMP video conferencing services during COVID-19 pandemic response
As part of the government's response to COVID-19, RCMP employees are being asked to telework where possible. Government of Canada voice conferencing options have limited capacity. Video conferencing options are not widely available to employees outside the office.
The following guidance applies until June 30, 2020.
On a personal device, such as a home computer or Smartphone, or on the personal side of an RCMP-issued Android device, users may connect with colleagues using a publicly available voice or video conferencing service, subject to the following:
- Limit conversations to non-sensitive / unclassified information / non-operational
- Ensure no sensitive information from your immediate surroundings can be inadvertently transmitted by audio or video
- Disable conference recording features
- Do not use document sharing features
- Record meeting minutes, if applicable, and file them in an RCMP information management system, in the same fashion as would be used for an in-person meeting
Please note that RCMP technical staff, such as the Central Helpdesk and the National Operations Centre (NOC), cannot provide support to you in your use of these publicly provided services.
See more information from the Canadian Centre for Cyber Security.
- Date modified: