The RCMP Academy invites the community to Skate with Safety Bear at the Depot Rink on Sunday, January 29 from 12:00 to 3:00 PM.
2023 is a special year for the RCMP, as it marks the 150th anniversary of Canada's national police force.
"As the oldest Division in the RCMP, Depot is using this occasion to share our evolution and celebrate with our community. Skate with Safety Bear is the first public event that the RCMP Academy will host throughout the year and we look forward to welcoming guests to be part of the festivities," says Chief Superintendent Sylvie Bourassa-Muise, Commanding Officer, Depot Division.
Upon arriving at the event, attendees will get to take a horse-drawn wagon ride to the Depot Rink. At the rink there will be hot chocolate, cookies, a fire pit, winter activities and of course a visit with Safety Bear. Attendees will be able to enjoy a Saskatchewan winter day while interacting with Depot staff, the Commanding Officer, Safety Bear and cadets.
Admission is free and the event is open to the public.
This event is family-friendly and precautions have been taken to ensure a safe and fun afternoon. Guests are asked to be mindful that there will be a variety of skill levels on the ice.
If you are planning to attend:
- Access to Depot is available via the RCMP Heritage Centre entrance at 5907 Dewdney Avenue.
- Bring your own skating equipment. Pack a helmet, they are strongly encouraged, especially for children.
- Dress for the weather.
- Please NO hockey sticks or pucks. (Personal skate aides will be permitted.)
- Please do not bring your pets. Service dogs are welcome.
- The RCMP Academy is an active training site and a secure facility. Access is controlled. Personal items may be searched on entry.
This event is weather dependent. Please keep an eye on the public website or Depot Facebook Pages for important event status changes.
facebook.com/rcmpdepot | facebook.com/grcdepot
Instagram.com/rcmpdepot | Instagram.com/grcdepot
twitter.com/RCMPDepot | twitter.com/GRCDepot