Bell Island RCMP arrested a 31-year-old man on November 16, 2023, after he was found in possession of a quantity of drugs, drug paraphernalia and contraband tobacco in his vehicle.
After a report by the public of a suspicious man parked in a vehicle on Thursday, November 16, 2023, Bell Island RCMP conducted a check on the described vehicle which was parked in a public parking lot. The following items were observed and ultimately seized from the vehicle:
- A combined quantity of over 30 grams of cocaine and crack cocaine
- Drug paraphernalia
- Other items consistent with drug trafficking
- A large amount of cash
- Contraband cigarettes
The 31-year-old man, who showed signs of drug impairment, was arrested and taken to Dr. Walter Templeman Health Care Centre for further blood tests. The investigation is continuing to determine if charges of drug-impaired driving are appropriate.
He was released from custody and will appear in court at a later date to face the following charges:
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking
- Possession of Unstamped Tobacco Product
- Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime
The investigation is continuing.